Monday, November 14, 2011

School Work

With Junior's health issues lately school has taken a back seat. Today it was time to attempt to get back on his regular schedule. Of course the day had to start with a seizure but Junior recovered quickly and we went ahead with school work.
Bible time, he is answering catechism questions
Time for reading
Doing the work but not exactly excited about it. I need to get his new readers enlarged and laminated. I think these are just boring for him. He had no problem matching the correct picture to the sentence and acted like it was horribly boring.
The smile when I tell him it is his last sentence
I asked if he was ready for math and he told me "NO"
Moved over to the the ipad for some math and suddenly he decided he was ready to focus and work.
We hadn't done a lot with measurement so I wanted to make sure he understood the concept before we went further in our math curriculum. I pulled up the measurement app and then just touched the answer he gave me(the app read the question to him). He didn't miss one so he is most definitely ready to move on to the next thing.
Which thing is heavier

We didn't do a long session but it was a good start. I pray that his seizures stay away and the weather behaves so he will feel good and be able to have some great school days before the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment