Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Ipad Saves the Day Again

This morning our weather is doing what it does this time of year and changing yet again.
For Junior this means asthma and the dreaded sinus headaches.
He was a mess this morning, very unhappy and crying and telling me "ow, ow, ow". One of those moments I am so very thankful for his ipad. Prior to having it this could have taken a very long time of yes/no answers as we tried to figure out what hurt.
Instead I grabbed his ipad and he quickly looked at "Upset", which took us to his board which lists things that might be making him upset. He looked at "I hurt" to get to his boards so he could show me what was hurting him.
Amazing how quickly he calms down when he knows I know what is going on. He waited very patiently while I went to fix his tylenol
The big smile when I came to give him his medicine

A few pictures from earlier in the week.
Using his ipad during a craft project
Just so you can see what he is working on.
A couple weeks ago we visited the Grape Festival and Junior got the biggest kick out of these big murals made from grapes, nuts, grains, and other foods grown in our area. So we decided to make our own using dried beans. Ours is nothing like the ones we saw at the festival but Junior is having a great time.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to hear Junior had a headache. :( That is wonderful he was able to tell you what was wrong.

    I had sent you a question about the iPad and then later saw this section devoted just to the iPad, so I will read it. :)

    But can I ask, this posting, was Junior using his eyes to scan.....how was he letting you know via the iPad or was he using the head switch and we just couldn't see it in the picture?

    ReplyDelete